Family Member of a Settled Person
Un Married Partner Visa
Overview – Un Married Partner
You may apply as the un-married partner of a British or settled person who is based in the United Kingdom.
- All applicants will need to be 18 years old or over.
- The marriage/ civil partnership must be recognised under UK law.
- You must meet the financial requirement in order to show that you will not be a burden on the state. There are a number of ways you can demonstrate this, for example, via salaried earnings of more than £18,600, savings of more than £62,500, pension and/or a property portfolio.
- You must show you have been in a relationship akin to marriage for more than 2 years.
- If you are a national from a non-English speaking country you must meet the English Language requirement.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- You may be required to pass a Tuberculosis Test, please click here if you want to find out whether you are required to do so
- You may apply for this visa from your country of residence.
- You can apply to switch in country to this visa.
Key Information – Un Married Partner Visa
- The visa is initially issued for a term of 33 months.
- You may extend this visa for 30 months, providing you can demonstrate your relationship is genuine and subsisting and you continue to meet the financial requirement.
- All partner visa routes lead to settlement.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under the family visa routes please click on the button below to contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.