UK Spouse Visa - Family Member of a Settled Person
UK Spouse Visa
Overview UK Spouse Visa
The spouse visa is open to individuals who want to join their British or settled partner here in the United Kingdom. In order to find out whether you are eligible for the visa please read below or contact our office today to speak to an Immigration adviser.
Basic Requirements – UK Spouse Visa
- All applicants must be 18 years old or over.
- The marriage/ civil partnership must be recognised under UK law.
- You must meet the financial requirement in order to show that you can maintain and accommodate yourself and any non-British family members. There are a number of ways you can meet this, for example, via salaried earnings of more than £18,600, savings of more than £62,500, pension and/or a property portfolio.
- If you are a national from a majority English speaking country you may be exempted from the English Language requirement.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- Nationals from certain countries are required pass a Tuberculosis Test, please click here to find out whether your country of Birth is on the list.
- New rules have come into force regarding Family Members particularly for those who are unable to meet the financial requirement. Please refer to the following link: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/statement-of-changes-to-the-immigration-rules-hc290-20-july-2017
- If you are already married you may apply for this visa from your country of residence.
- If you hold a visa for the purpose of marriage and settlement, once you have married in the UK you may apply for the family of a settled person visa from the United Kingdom.
- If you hold a Marriage Visit Visa . Once you are married in the UK you may return to your home country and apply for a for a UK Spouse visa.
Key Information – UK Spouse Visa
- The visa is initially issued for a term of 33 months.
- You may extend this visa for a further term of 30 months providing you can demonstrate your relationship is genuine and subsisting and you continue to meet the financial requirement.
- All partner visa routes lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain after five years, providing you can show you meet all the requirements.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under any of the family visa routes please click on the button below to contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.