UK Ancestry Visa
UK Ancestry Visa
An application for a UK Ancestry Visa is considered on the basis that you are a national from a commonwealth country and that you have a grandparent born within the shores of the United Kingdom. To find out whether you country is part of the Commonwealth please click here
- You must be a Commonwealth citizen
- You must be over the age of 17 years
- You must demonstrate you have a grandparent born within the shores of the United Kingdom
- You must show that you can maintain and support yourself through employment in the UK
You may not apply whilst you are in the UK on another visa, you must return home and make an application from there. You will be required to make an application online and then submit your supporting documents at the designated Visa Application Centre (VAC) in your home country.
- The UK Ancestry Visa is issued for a period of five years.
- You cannot switch into this visa in the United Kingdom.
- You may extend your visa for a further 5 years.
- You may work without restriction, employed or self-employed.
- You may study in the UK.
- You may also freely exit and re-enter the UK multiple times.
- This visa leads to settlement.
- Great grandparents will not be considered in an application for UK Ancestry as the relationship is too far removed.
- You may be eligible for Right of Abode.
- You may bring your dependants on this visa.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under the UK Ancestry Visa route, please click on the button below and contact one of our Advisers otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.