Tier 4 Student
Tier 4 Student
The Tier 4 Student visa (General) is a visa for International Students who want to study a course in the United Kingdom which leads to a level 6 qualification. The course provider will need to be a Home Office recognised sponsor. For the Home Office register of recognised Tier 4 Sponsors, please click here
- You must hold an unconditional offer on a course provided by a registered course provider.
- You have sufficient money to maintain and accommodate yourself and your dependants during the full term of the visa.
- The course must be full time whereby you undertake the required 15 hours per week of study.
- You have to be 16 years or over.
- Successfully earn an unconditional place on a course in the United Kingdom.
- Receive a valid Certificate of Acceptance for study in the UK.
- Apply from your home country for Tier 4 Student (General).
- You may extend your visa to accommodate the end of your study or to start a new course.
- This route does not lead to settlement.
- You may switch from Tier 4 into Tier 2 Skilled Worker.
- You may work full time outside of Term Time up to 40 hours per week.
- You may bring your family with you as dependants on your visa, they will be required to make a separate application.
- You are required to pay the Immigration Healthcare Surcharge.
- You may be required to pass a Tuberculosis Test prior to coming to the UK.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under the Tier 4 Student (General) category please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.