Points Based System - Tier 2 Sportsperson
Tier 2 Sportsperson
Tier 2 Sportsperson is for highly skilled sports individuals who are world renowned in their sport and perform at the highest level. They must be recognised by their sports governing body as an elite sportsperson or coach. You must demonstrate that the employment of your expertise will encourage the sport to become more elite in the United Kingdom
There are a number of rule changes relating to the Tier 2 category for Sponsors and their Tier 2 employee’s being rolled out during Autumn 2016 to April 2017. For more information please click below:
- You must be established in your sport at the highest level of expertise.
- You must be endorsed by your sports governing body please read below for a list of sports Governing bodies in the UK.
- You are from outside the EEA.
- You hold a valid Certificate of Sponsorship.
- You must meet the English Language Requirement.
- You must demonstrate you have maintenance funds that you can draw on, should it become necessary to use them, the current amount £945 in savings.
- Your sponsor will issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship.
- You may apply inside the UK or outside the UK from your country of residence.
- The application is made online.
- Your visa is valid for up to three years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply to extend your visa for a further three years.
- Providing you meet the Tier 2 Sportsperson eligibility requirements you may apply to switch into this category form another UK Visa.
- For a list of governing bodies in sport please click here.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 2 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.