Points Based System - Tier 2 Skilled Worker
Tier 2 Skilled Worker
Tier 2 Skilled Worker (General) – This visa category is available for non-European nationals. It helps UK registered companies recruit unique skills from abroad, in order to encourage growth within their industry. The company must be licensed to sponsor under Tier 2 in order to employ you. If you have an employer who wants to sponsor you please get in contact with one of our Corporate Immigration Advisers.
There have been a number of rule changes concerning Tier 2 which were rolled out on 6th April 2017.
- You have been offered a job in the UK.
- The annual salary threshold for a new entrant must be £20,800.
- The annual salary threshold for an experienced worker has been increased to £30,000.
- Your prospective employer holds a Tier 2 Licence.
- They have completed the Resident Labour Market Test.
- You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship in either the restricted or unrestricted category.
- You meet the English Language requirement.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- Nationals from certain countries are required pass a Tuberculosis Test, please click here to find out whether you are.
There are many complexities surrounding Tier 2 Sponsorship and the eligibility requirements associated to this category. Whether you are an employer or individual, please seek regulated immigration advice.
- The business or organisation offering you employment has attained an Employers Sponsor Licence issued by the Home Office. This licence permits the employer or organisation to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship. The employee will need a Certificate of Sponsorship in order to make a valid application.
- You may apply inside the UK or outside the UK from your country of residence.
- You may extend your visa for up to 5 years as long as your total stay in the UK does not exceed 6 years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply for settlement after 5 years of continuous leave in the UK.
- You can switch from other PBS categories into this Tier.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 2 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers. Otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.