Points Based System - Tier 2 Skilled Worker
Tier 2 Skilled Worker
Tier 2 Skilled Worker (General) – This visa category is available for non-European nationals. It helps UK registered companies recruit unique skills from abroad, in order to encourage business growth. The company must be licensed to sponsor under Tier 2 in order to employ you. If you have an employer who wants to sponsor you please arrange for them to get in contact with one of our Corporate Immigration Advisers.
There have been a number of rule changes concerning Tier 2 which were rolled out on 6th April 2017.
- You have been offered a job in the UK.
- The annual salary threshold for a new entrant must be £20,800.
- The annual salary threshold for an experienced worker has been increased to £30,000.
- Your prospective employer holds a Tier 2 Licence.
- They have completed the Resident Labour Market Test.
- You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship in either the restricted or unrestricted category.
- You meet the English Language requirement.
- You must pay the Immigration Health Surcharge.
- Nationals from certain countries are required to pass a Tuberculosis Test, please click here to find out whether you are.
There are many complexities surrounding Tier 2 Sponsorship and the eligibility requirements associated to this category. Whether you are an employer or individual, please seek regulated immigration advice.
- The business or organisation offering you employment has attained an Employers Sponsor Licence issued by the Home Office. This licence permits the employer or organisation to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship. The employee will need a Certificate of Sponsorship in order to make a valid application.
- You may apply to switch into this category from within the UK, providing you have valid leave and you are in a category which permits you to switch in country.
- If you do not hold a valid visa for the United Kingdom you will be required to make an application for Entry Clearance from your country of residence.
- You are permitted to bring your family here as dependants.
- You may apply for settlement after 5 years of continuous leave in the UK.
- You can switch from other PBS categories into this Tier.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 2 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers. Otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.