Points Based System - Tier 2 Minister of Religion
Tier 2 Minister of Religion
Tier 2 Minister of Religion is for people who practice faith in their communities and wider communities such as a minister of religion, missionary, or member of a religious order. You must be a national from outside the European Economic Area in order to be able to apply for this visa. Minister of Religion allows you to practice your faith in the United Kingdom. Please check the register of Tier 2 sponsors.
There are a number of rule changes relating to the Tier 2 category for Sponsors and their Tier 2 employee’s being rolled out during Autumn 2016 to April 2017. For more information please click below:
- You have been offered a job in the UK with a registered Tier 2 Sponsor.
- You are from outside the EEA.
- Your prospective employer holds a Tier 2 Licence.
- You hold a valid Certificate of Sponsorship.
- The work you do must relate to that of your sponsor organisation who issued you with a Certificate of Sponsorship.
- You must meet the English Language Requirement.
- You must demonstrate you have maintenance funds that you can draw on, should it become necessary to use them, the current amount £945 in savings.
- Your sponsor will issue you with a Certificate of Sponsorship.
- You may apply inside the UK or outside the UK from your country of residence.
- The application is made online.
- Your visa is valid for up to three years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply to extend your visa for a further three years.
- Providing you meet the Minister of Religion eligibility requirements you may apply to switch into this category.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 2 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.