Points Based System - Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer
Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer (ICT) is available for UK companies who have a sister company set up legitimately elsewhere in the world and want to transfer a key individual from the sister company to the UK operation. There are two types of Intra Company Transfer visas.
Long Term – One of the prerequisites is that you have already worked for your employer overseas for at least 12 months. Or you earn a salary of more than £73,900 a year.
Graduate – Open for graduates who are involved in the graduate training scheme for the company for specialist roles. You must have held three m onths experience with your employer overseas to qualify.
There are a number of rule changes relating to the Tier 2 category for Sponsors and their Tier 2 employee’s being rolled out during Autumn 2016 to April 2017. For more information please click below:
- You have been offered a job in the UK branch by your overseas employer.
- You are a national from outside the EEA.
- Your prospective employer holds a Tier 2 Licence.
- You must meet the appropriate salary threshold.
- You have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship.
- Experience of working with your employer overseas for a period of 12 months prior to coming to the UK. (if you are in the Skills Transfer Category you are exempted from this requirement).
- The business or organisation offering you the transfer opportunity to work in the UK branch has attained an Employers Sponsor Licence issued by the Home Office.
- The licence permits the employer or organisation to apply for a Certificate of Sponsorship on your behalf.
- You will need a Certificate of Sponsorship in order to make a valid Tier 2 application.
- You may apply inside the UK or outside the UK from your country of residence, depending on your individual circumstances.
- Your visa is valid for up to 12 months.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You can switch from into Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer, however there are restrictions in place.
- You may apply to extend your visa however there are restrictions in place.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 2 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.