Points Based System - Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
The Tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa is open to people from all over the world who are internationally recognised as being world leaders or emerging world leaders in the fields of the Arts and Sciences. As the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent route is considered very Niche. There are limited places available. As of 1st April, five hundred have been released and a further five hundred will be released on 1st October. It is advisable to check with the Home Office for available places before you apply.
- You are only permitted to apply for this visa if you are a world leader in one of the following industries – Science, Engineering, Digital Technology, The Arts, Medicine & Humanities.
- In order to qualify for Tier 1 Exceptional Talent , you must be successful in applying for an endorsement from the Home Office.
Stage 1 – Apply to the Home office for an Endorsement.
Stage 2 – You have a valid endorsement you may apply for the Exceptional Talent visa either in the UK or from abroad.
From abroad – By completing the online application and submitting your documents at the Visa Application Centre in your home country.
In country – You must submit your application and supporting documents either via the postal route or using the Premium Service route via the Premium Service Centre.
- You are required to pay the healthcare Surcharge.
- The visa is valid for 5 years.
- You are permitted to extend your visa.
- This visa leads to settlement after 5 years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 1 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.