Points Based System - Tier 1 Investor
Tier 1 Investor
The Tier 1 Investor Visa is open to individuals from overseas who want to make a substantial financial investment in the UK. In order to qualify they would be required to demonstrate that they have the capability to invest more than £2,000,000 in the UK.
- You must show that have upwards of £2, 000,000 in your control to invest in the UK.
- You must be 18 years of age or over.
- You must be able to meet the points requirement of 75 points to satisfy the Home Office.
- You must hold overseas criminal record certificates of any country you have resided in for more than 12 months.
- You must ensure your money is held in a regulated bank.
- There is currently no English language requirement.
- There is currently no Maintenance requirement.
- Click here to find out why investors choose the UK to base their businesses.
- You may apply to switch in the UK or make an application in your country of residence.
- The visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months.
- You may extend your visa for a further 3 years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply for settlement after 5 years.
- Accelerated Settlement – Providing you meet the conditions you may settle after 3 years.
- Generous absence provisions under Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss in detail your requirements and whether the Tier 1 Investor route is the most suitable route for you and your family please contact James Kennedy our Senior Immigration adviser, he will be able to guide you through the prerequisites of the application and ensure you are making the right decisions.