Parent of a Tier 4 Child Student
The parent of a Tier 4 child student visa is available for a parent or guardian to accompany their child who has been accepted into a UK Independent fee paying day school. The visa is usually valid between 6 and 12 months and allows you to be in the Uk without recourse to public funds.
- Your child must hold a valid Certificate of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) from a registered Tier 4 Sponsor.
- Your child must be under the age of 12 years and have a place at a UK independent school.
- You must be able to maintain and support yourself for the duration of the visa.
- You are not permitted to get paid work or study in the UK.
- This visa does not allow you to bring dependants.
You may make your application from your country of residence . You must initially make your application online and then submit your documents at the visa application centre (VAC) in your home country. The process may take up to 3 months from school interview to arriving in the UK therefore please ensure you have managed your time sufficiently to ensure your child is present on their first day.
- The visa is issued for 6 – 12 months.
- You may extend your visa up to your child’s twelfth birthday.
- This visa is not a route to settlement.
- You may not switch into another visa category.
- If you want to apply for another visa you must leave the UK and make your application from your country of residence.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under the Tier 4 Student (General) category please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.