Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence Application
Employer Sponsor Licence
“Acquiring the international skills you need to ensure your business grows .”
Do you already hold a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence? Click here to find out.
Tier 2 Sponsor Licence – Overview
Employing a specific skill-set or range of experience can be vital to the growth of any business. Whether you are part of an international organisation wishing to relocate staff to the UK or you are a UK business that can’t find the right UK / EU resident applicants. The Tier 2 Licence allows you to acquire people from outside of Europe.
A Tier 2 employer sponsor licence (ESL) is the chief mechanism which provides sponsorship for skilled migrants to work in the UK. The Employer Sponsor Licence demonstrates your organisational ability to employ international candidates in accordance with regulation designed to protect the UK resident labour market and the value of skilled labour in the United Kingdom.
Please make use of our free consultation service for UK businesses by clicking on the following link:
A number of rule changes concerned with Tier 2 will be rolled out shortly. For more information please refer to Tier 2 Rule Changes 2018.
The Tier 2 Licence allows you to sponsor individuals under the following categories:
- Tier 2 Skilled Worker.
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer.
- Tier 2 Religious Workers.
- Tier 2 Sportsperson.
The Tier 2 Sponsor Licence process
You may be required to undertake a Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) prior to applying for your Licence. This demonstrates to the Home Office that you have a need for skills which you cannot fulfil via the UK Resident Labour Market.
Once you have satisfied the RLMT
- you may apply for your sponsor licence via the online application portal.
- Submit the required documentation for assessment.
- The Home Office processing time for a Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence is 8 – 10 weeks.
- It is likely you will get a pre licence audit from a Home Office Compliance Officer – They will visit your offices to ensure you have the right processes in place to maintain your sponsorship duties. This usually takes place 6 – 8 weeks into the application.
- Access the Sponsor Management System (SMS) and assign a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS).
- Pay the Immigration Skills Charge.
- The applicant is then required to make their application for a Tier 2 visa.
- The Employer Sponsor Licence is valid for 4 years.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to know more about the employer sponsor licence or you wish to employ someone from overseas, please contact one of our advisers and book a free of charge consultation.