Employer Sponsor Licence Application - Tier 2
Employer Sponsor Licence – Tier 2
“Unlocking the skills potential of professionals from around the world”
Do you already hold a Tier 2 Sponsor Licence? Click here to find out
Tier 2 Sponsor Licence – Overview
Employing a specific skill-set or range of experience can be vital to the growth of any business. Whether you are part of an international organisation wishing to relocate staff to the UK or you are a UK business that can’t find the right UK / EU resident applicants. The Tier 2 Licence allows you to acquire people from outside the Single Market of Europe.
A Tier 2 employer sponsor licence (ESL) is the chief mechanism which provides sponsorship for skilled migrants to work in the UK. The Employer Sponsor Licence demonstrates your organisational ability to employ international candidates in accordance with regulation designed to protect the UK resident labour market and the value of skilled labour in the United Kingdom.
A number of rule changes concerned with Tier 2 will be rolled out on 6th April 2017. If you would like an idea of what these may be, please click here.
The Tier 2 Licence allows you to sponsor individuals under the following categories:
- Tier 2 Skilled Worker.
- Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer.
- Tier 2 Religious Workers.
- Tier 2 Sportsperson.
The Tier 2 Sponsor Licence process
You may be required to undertake a Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) prior to applying for your Licence. This demonstrates to the Home Office that you have a need for skills which you cannot fulfil via the UK Labour Market.
Once you have satisfied the RLMT
- you may apply for your sponsor licence via the online application portal.
- Submit the required documentation for assessment.
- The Home Office processing time for a Tier 2 Employer Sponsor Licence is 8 – 10 weeks.
- It is likely you will get a pre licence audit from the Home Office – They will visit your offices to ensure you have the right processes in place to maintain your sponsorship duties. This usually happens 6 – 8 weeks into the application.
Once the application has been approved. You must appoint key personnel to operate the Sponsor Management System and carry out the compliance duties associated to the Sponsor Licence.
- Access the Sponsor Management System (SMS) and assign a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS).
- Pay the Immigration Skills Charge.
- The applicant then makes their application for a Tier 2 Visa.
- The Employer Sponsor Licence is issued for 4 years.
Please note: The above process has been simplified. If you would like to apply for a sponsor licence, please get some initial advice before you make the application. Good guidance from the outset will give you the reassurance you need.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to know more about the Tier 2 category or you wish to employ someone from overseas please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide your business.