Access Rights to a Child
- You must be the parent of the child who is resident in the UK.
- The other parent or carer who is responsible for your child must be a resident of the United Kingdom.
- You must show that you have access rights to your child.
- You intend to take an active role in your child’s upbringing.
- You can maintain yourself and any other dependants whilst you are in the United Kingdom without recourse to public funds.
- Your child must be under the age of 18 years.
You may apply for access rights to a child from your country of residence or home country. The application is made initially online and then you must book an appointment and go to a Visa Application Centre (VAC) in your home country to submit your documents, the process for application does vary with each country, therefore please check with the Visa Application Centre.
- Visa granted for 6 months.
- You can extend your visa for a further 6 month term.
- You may apply to settle after you have fulfilled a full 12 month term in the UK.
For a full assessment of your eligibility please contact us now.
Need our assistance?
If you need initial advice before you apply, our advisers can provide you with the information you need to make more informed decisions about your application. We provide face to face consultations at our London office and Somerset office. If you are elsewhere in the UK or even abroad we have a Skype room consultation facility available. All consultations are via appointment only.