Points Based System - Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
The Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is available to individuals who want to come to the UK to set up, takeover and to be actively involved in running a business or businesses here in the UK.
- You must have access to funds exceeding £200,000 (in your control) to invest in the UK.
- The funds must be held in a regulated financial institution.
- You must be over the age of 16 years.
- You must have a Business Plan setting out proposed activity in the Uk and how you expect you will succeed.
- You must meet the ‘Genuine’ Entrepreneur Test.
- You must meet the English language requirement unless you are exempted.
- You must be able to maintain and support yourself and that of your dependants during the term of the visa.
- You must be able to meet the points requirement of 95 points to satisfy the Home Office.
- You and any dependant/s applying with you must hold overseas criminal record certificates from any country you have resided in for more than 12 months.
- You may apply to switch in the UK or make an application in your country of residence by applying online and booking an appointment at the Visa Application Centre to submit your Biometrics and supporting documents.
- The visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months.
- You may extend your visa for a further 3 years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply for settlement after 5 years.
- Accelerated Settlement – Providing you meet the conditions you may settle after 3 years.
- There is more information about setting up a business in the UK, please click here to find out how UK Trade and Investment can help Tier 1 Entrepreneurs.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under either of the Tier 1 categories please click on the button below and contact one of our advisers, otherwise please take a look at the different support services we can provide you and your family members.