Points Based System - Tier 1 Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa
If you are an individual or part of a Team looking to start a business in the UK, the administration of your Entrepreneur visa is key. The Visa Office has experience in assisting Clients from all over the world, making the process as streamlined as possible so you can concentrate on growing your business.
“Getting the right Tier 1 support from the beginning will give you the opportunity to focus on what you are good at”
Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa is available to individuals who want to come to the UK;
- To set up, takeover and to be actively involved in setting up a business; or
- To run a business or businesses here in the UK.
A business is identified as an enterprise, sole trader, partnership, or a company registered in the United Kingdom.
- You must have access to funds exceeding £200,000 (in your control) to invest in the UK.
- The funds must be held in a regulated financial institution.
- You must be over the age of 16 years.
- You must have a Business Plan setting out proposed activity in the Uk and how you expect you will succeed.
- You must meet the ‘Genuine’ Entrepreneur Test.
- You must meet the English language requirement unless you are exempted.
- You must be able to maintain and support yourself and that of your dependants during the term of the visa.
- You must be able to meet the points requirement of 95 points to satisfy the Home Office.
- You and any dependants applying under this visa category must hold overseas criminal record certificates from any country you have resided in for more than 12 months.
- You may apply to switch in the UK or make an application in your country of residence by applying online and booking an appointment at the Visa Application Centre to submit your Biometrics and supporting documents.
- If there are two of you who want to apply for a Tier 1 Entrepreneur in order to set up a business you are permitted to do so as an Entrepreneur Team.
- The visa is valid for 3 years and 4 months.
- You may extend your visa for a further 3 years.
- You are permitted to bring your family as dependants.
- You may apply for settlement after 5 years.
- Accelerated Settlement – Providing you meet the conditions you may settle after 3 years.
- If you would like to find out more information about setting up a business in the UK, please click here : UK Trade and Investment can help Tier 1 Entrepreneurs.
Do you need our assistance?
If you would like to book a consultation to discuss your options under the Tier 1 Entrepreneur Visa UK category, please click on the button below and contact one of our experienced advisers.